Seoul National University

Are you thinking about Seoul National University (SNU) for your studies? Whether you’re already studying there, considering applying, or just curious, join us to talk about SNU’s courses, campus life, scholarships, and more. :kr:

We’ve prepared some insights and tips to help your SNU application:

We’ve also put together some questions and answers to start things off, which might be helpful for you. Feel free to ask questions, share your experiences, and connect with others interested in Seoul National University! :star_struck: :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

Question: I’m interested in studying in Korea after completing 12th grade. Can you provide information about the cost of attending Seoul National University in 2024 for a 4-year program in computer science, specifically in Pakistan rupees? Additionally, I would like guidance on available scholarships.
Answer: The tuition fee for the College of Engineering is 2,998,000 KRW per semester, totaling 23,984,000 KRW for a 4-year program. As of October 2023, this is equivalent to 4,974,100 Pakistan Rupees. Seoul National University offers various scholarships, which can be found in the scholarships section.

Question: Hi, I aspire to pursue AI (artificial intelligence) from a prestigious university in Korea, and I am from Pakistan. Could you please provide information about the fee structure for a 4-year program, as well as any available scholarships?
Answer: For AI programs under the College of Engineering, the tuition fee is 2,998,000 KRW per semester. Scholarships are available, including the International Scholarships for Freshman based on TOEFL or TOPIK scores. You can find more details in our SNU Scholarships Section.

Question: Hello, what is the cost of studying Medicine and Microbiology at Seoul National University in 2024?
Answer: According to the SNU undergraduate admissions page, the tuition fee for the first two years of medicine (pre-medicine) is 3,072,000 KRW per semester, and for the remaining 4 years, it is 5,038,000 KRW per semester. For microbiology, the fee is 2,975,000 KRW per semester.

Question: What does the full boarding fee include?
Answer: The International Scholarship for Freshmen covers dormitory fees at Seoul National University.

Question: Hi, what grade should I aim for in A levels to be eligible for admission, considering I have taken the TOPIK and TOEFL exams?
Answer: While I’m not certain about the minimum requirements, aiming for grades like AAB or higher should increase your chances of admission as an international student.

Question: I’m interested in pursuing a master’s in business administration, but my academic record is not outstanding. What should I do to increase my chances of obtaining a scholarship?
Answer: Korean universities are less competitive for international students, and extracurricular activities are not a major factor in graduate admissions. Consider applying for Graduate Scholarships for Excellent Foreign Students at Seoul National University and explore other scholarship opportunities in Korea using our database.

Question: Hi! I’m considering a master’s degree in journalism or digital media. Can you provide information about the cost and scholarship opportunities available at Seoul National University?
Answer: While SNU may not offer programs in journalism or digital media, you can explore other Korean universities that offer such programs.

Question: Can I pursue a master’s degree in digital media or journalism after completing a bachelor’s degree in English literature and linguistics?
Answer: Yes, many students switch subjects for their master’s degrees, so it is possible to pursue a degree in digital media or journalism with a background in English literature and linguistics.

Question: I’m planning to apply for admission in 2024 for a medical program. Can you provide information about the deadline, cost, and eligibility criteria?
Answer: Please refer to the admissions page for updated deadlines and costs. International students may have specific eligibility requirements, including proficiency in Korean for medical programs conducted in Korean.